All I have to say is wow! Serve this after a special occasion dinner and blow everyone's mind. A true cheesecake that happens to be sugar-free. Sugar-free chocolate chips are easier to find these days as they are made by both Hershey's and Lily's, but Ghirahdelli semi-sweet dark chips work beautifully as long as you are mindful they are not sugar-free.
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- about 10 ounces sugar free chocolate cookies, Voortman or Murray are good brands found at Walmart or most supermarkets
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Three, 8 ounce packages Philadelphia Reduced Fat Cream Cheese - do not use fat free as it has starch thickeners that don't work for cooking/baking
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Fage Total Greek yogurt - one small cup is 6 ounces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Lightly spray a 9 inch springform pan with vegetable cooking spray and place on baking sheet.
- Pulse the cookies in the large bowl of a food processor until they are finely ground.
- Add butter and blend until moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan and chill while preparing the filling.
- Mix cream cheese, Splenda, cocoa, vanilla, and Greek yogurt with electric mixer on medium speed or in food processor until well blended and very smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust. Scatter the chocolate chips over the surface of the batter.
- Bake at 300F for 45 to 50 minutes until center is just set.
- Cool on rack at room temperature.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with shaved chocolate and Splenda sweetened whipped cream.