I hit a point a couple of years ago, where I look for simplicity in making supper. That doesnt mean it doesnt need to taste wonderful, it just means I dont fuss with 25 ingredients anymore.
This is as easy as it gets. Three ingredients, one hour. Boom. Delish.
- 2 Cornish hens, thawed, unwrapped and patted dry with paper towels
- 1 cup bottled Italian Salad Dressing - the only brand I buy is Newmans Own.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place hens in a foil lined, Pam sprayed roasting pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the butter and dressing until the butter is melted.
- Loosen skin on hens and baste both under and over the skin.
- Roast 45 to 60 minutes, until thigh temperature reaches 165 degrees. Boom.