Greek Chicken Bites
Super moist flavorful chicken meatballs that are easy to make and everyone loves. You can double and use in a next day lunch salad.
I use thighs so my meatballs are juicy and have lots of flavor. I start with whole chicken because I do not buy packaged ground chicken and turkey - I want to know what is in my food.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cavender’s Greek Seasoning (otherwise use, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper)
- A few dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 cup, lightly packed, raw baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pulse the chicken, onion, garlic, egg white, lemon juice, seasoning and cayenne in a food processor until well combined but there is still some texture - do not make a smooth puree. Transfer the ground mixture to a bowl and fold in the chopped spinach.
- Portion into bite sized balls using a small metal scoop if you have one, otherwise use a teaspoon - dampen hands, roll into balls then flatten slightly.
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet and sauce the bites until golden, flip and cook an additional minute.
- Remove to plate and serve with salad.