Baked Ricotta with Tomato Jam
A perfect lunch or supper with a salad of balsamic and olive oil dressed baby arugula. Yum.
Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall... I love baked ricotta with herbs and homemade Tomato Jam.
- Non stick cooking spray
- Two 15 ounce containers part skim milk ricotta (do not use fat free, which has gum starch thickeners)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Tomato Jam: grape tomatoes slow roasted with garlic, olive oil, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, for one hour at 275 degrees until soft and jammy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a shallow ceramic baking dish.
- Beat together the ricotta, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- Bake until golden and slightly puffed at edges and just set at center about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool before serving with spoonfuls of Tomato Jam.