A perfect lunch or supper with a salad of balsamic and olive oil dressed baby arugula. Yum.
Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall... I love baked ricotta with herbs and homemade Tomato Jam.
- Non stick cooking spray
- One 15 ounce container part skim milk ricotta (do not use fat free, which has gum starch thickeners)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs - thyme, chives, flat parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Tomato Jam: grape tomatoes slow roasted with garlic, olive oil, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, for one hour at 275 degrees until soft and jammy
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a small deep ceramic baking dish.
- Beat together the ricotta, eggs, cheese, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- Bake until golden and slightly puffed at edges and just set at center.
- Cool before serving with spoonfuls of Tomato Jam.