We have all enjoyed the 80's party staple of Sausage Balls. This version is just as tasty and doesn't kill your diet goals with fat and calories.
We all receive invitations to holiday mixers and gatherings and it is always a nice idea to walk into the door holding a dish of something to share with the revelers. I make it a point to take food that I am able to eat, BUT that tastes great so others can enjoy as well.
Please don't tell anyone that this is a lighter and much lower fat/carb/calorie version of the classic. The cool part is that you can pop them into your air fryer for a lovely browned edge or use the oven, your choice.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean sausage, uncooked (this brand is very lean)
- 3/4 cup Inspire Flatbread mix
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (1/2 cup shredded)
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/4 cup finely minced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Blend a 5 ounce container Fage Greek yogurt with 1 tablespoon Dijon or Creole mustard and 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Ranch powder
- Preheat air fryer to high temp according to appliance directions.
- Mix sausage, Inspire mix, cheese, onion, celery and garlic powder until smooth and well blended.
- Use a small scoop to portion and roll into 1" balls.
- Arrange in air fryer basket and cook 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Makes 3 dozen.
- These may also be made by arranging on a sheet pan and baking in a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.