We all receive invitations to holiday mixers and gatherings and it is always a nice idea to walk into the door holding a dish of something to share with the revelers. I make it a point to take food that I am able to eat, BUT that tastes great so others can enjoy as well.
Please don't tell anyone that this is a lighter and much lower fat/carb/calorie version of the classic. The cool part is that you can pop them into your air fryer for a lovely browned edge or use the oven, your choice.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean sausage, uncooked (this brand is very lean)
- 3/4 cup Inspire Flatbread mix
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (1/2 cup shredded)
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/4 cup finely minced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Blend a 5 ounce container Fage Greek yogurt with 1 tablespoon Dijon or Creole mustard and 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Ranch powder
- Preheat air fryer to high temp according to appliance directions.
- Mix sausage, Inspire mix, cheese, onion, celery and garlic powder until smooth and well blended.
- Use a small scoop to portion and roll into 1" balls.
- Arrange in air fryer basket and cook 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Makes 3 dozen.
- These may also be made by arranging on a sheet pan and baking in a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.