No Added Sugar EGGNOG - Ahhhhhh mazing!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE eggnog but the supermarket kinds ALL have too much sugar.
Even the new almond milk eggnogs are NOT for people who have had obesity surgery as they contain sugar - the serving size is just 4 ounces and no one drinks 4 ounces. There are containers of eggnog in every variety for every dietary need – EXCEPT SUGAR FREE.
Here is your no sugar eggnog. It tastes as good as it looks! Yummo. It’s not calorie or carb free, so have a small cup and sip slowly for maximum enjoyment! Buy a whole nutmeg and grate it fresh - do not buy pre-grated nutmeg. It makes a huge difference. Merry Christmas.
- One 1-ounce package Jell-O sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 5 cups low fat milk
- ¼ cup rum
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Freshly grated nutmeg – add more to taste
- Place the pudding mix powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Blend in the rum, vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Cover and chill before serving; best when flavors can blend overnight.
- Serve in small ½ cup portions topped with a little freshly grated nutmeg.