No Sugar BBQ Sauce
Having friends for a good BBQ dinner and not single bottle of decent BBQ Sauce on the shelf at the grocery store had less than 8 grams of sugar per tablespoon and some had 15 grams.
PLUS, who uses 1 tablespoon... we slather on 3 or 4 tablespoons on a piece of chicken. Not a good scenario.
My homemade sauce is lower in sugar and competition level in flavor! And FAR better than the cheap sugar free stuff on sale at the store. It has a lot of ingredients, but it is fantastic! Better tasting and better for us... win win! This makes a whole bowl that can be in the fridge ready to sauce your ribs, chicken or shrimp. Yum.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Heinz low sugar ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil over medium high heat until golden brown and softened.
- Reduce heat to low and add ketchup, tomato sauce, vinegar, Truvia, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, chili powder, and Liquid Smoke
- sSimmer 30 to 45 minutes, until mixture is thick and delicious.
Sauce those ribs, burgers, and chicken!
Serving size: Makes 4 cups