Pimento Cheese Chicken
Pimento Cheese Roasted Chicken... whoa!
Yummy and Cheesy! Bariatric genius as homemade Pimento Cheese flavors the chicken and protects juiciness. Simply amazing chicken that is ready in 20 minutes. Throw together the Homemade Pimento Cheese while the chicken gets a quick roast - multitasking at it's best!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheddar about 4 ounces
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced pimentos from a jar - buy the whole ones, as they can be drained and patted dry before dicing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To ensure your chicken is bariatric tender, place a breast half on a cutting board, center a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap over it and give it a couple of whacks to the thick end using the flat side of a meat mallet or bottom of a small heavy saucepan. This creates a more even thickness that retains juiciness as you won't be overcooking the thin side.
- Arrange chicken in a shallow baking dish, season with salt and pepper. Bake until almost done, 10 - 12 minutes for small to medium sized boneless breasts.
- Make pimento cheese by blending cheese, yogurt, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, and pimentos in a small bowl until creamy and well combined.
- Remove chicken from oven turn on broiler to highest setting. Using two spoons top each chicken breast with a tablespoon sized portion of the Pimento Cheese.
- Return to screaming hot broiler just until cheese begins to melt over the chicken, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.