This recipe works because the chicken is cooked at high temperature with a flavorful paprika spice blend.
This is a 'set it and forget it' type of meal that I can get into the oven fairly quickly. I make this with bone in thighs and drumsticks as even though I had my surgery in 2001, dark meat is still the least problematic and its what my family likes as well. It is also super juicy using boneless skinless thighs or breasts.
Cooking times are based on thickness of the pieces of chicken, so I use an instant read thermometer and cook dark to 170 and white to 155.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 8 pieces skinless chicken, best value is 4 whole chicken legs, skin removed, trimmed and cut into thighs and drumsticks
- 1/2 cup Inspire Protein Kitchen Pancake, or Everything Bagel Flatbread Mix
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons paprika, smoked or sweet
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Whisk together the yogurt, mustard, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a shallow bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Marinate 10 minutes to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with the cooking spray.
- Add baking mix, sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, paprika, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to a large sealable plastic bag and mix to blend.
- Shaking off excess marinade, place one or two pieces of chicken at a time in the bag and shake to coat. Arrange the lightly coated chicken on the prepared tray.
- Bake the chicken 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown and no longer pink in the center.