I pick up a couple of cans of 'Splenda Peaches' every time I go to Walmart, as they are not always easy to find. Yep, I hoard canned fruit. When I need to make a sweet treat for a weekend bbq or perfect ending to a quick dinner party, I throw together this cobbler.
The cake is completely 'no added sugar' as its very lightly sweetened with Truvia brand of stevia blend. It does have calories and carbs, so have a small dish after you have eaten plenty of protein at dinner.
This is an outstanding dessert that your family will love. Very easy to make with pantry ingredients.Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour - you must use regular flour or cake will not work
- ½ cup Truvia - you cannot swap out sweeteners, Splenda does NOT work in a cake
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Two, 14 ounce cans Splenda sweetened Peach slices, Del Monte, Libby;s, and Dole all make no added sugar peaches
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt butter by slicing and arranging in an 8 inch square Pyrex or other ceramic baking dish placed in oven while heating - set aside.
- Combine flour, Truvia, baking powder, salt and slowly add milk while mixing to avoid lumps.
- Pour mixture over melted butter - do not stir.
- Using a large spoon, scoop fruit directly from the cans over the top of the batter - point is to scoop them with some of the liquid from the can.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Batter will rise to top during baking.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until golden and pick inserted near center has moist crumb but fairly clean.
- Serve warm.