Biscotti means twice baked in Italian, and these little gems are one of my favorite sugar free treats. After a fine holiday meal, relax with a cup of cappuccino in which to dip your sugar free biscotti!
These cookies taste so good that you will have zero desire to eat anything with real sugar from the family holiday table. Food this good is a pleasure and not a punishment or compromise. I live and love this lifestyle and so will you!
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2/3 cup Truvia for baking
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups California Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of table salt
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Using a food processor pulse the egg and egg yolk until thick and lemon-colored.
- Add the Truvia, butter, vanilla and almond extracts and continue pulsing until well blended.
- Mix the almond flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add to the egg mixture and pulse until well blended and dough gathers into a ball.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Turn dough out onto a piece of parchment or wax paper and knead in the pistachios and cranberries. Do not overwork the dough.
- Divide the dough in half and using the paper, roll into two 8-inch-long by 2-inch-wide flattened log shapes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet by picking up the paper and rolling the biscotti log onto the sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Carefully remove the biscotti logs to a cutting board and using a serrated knife and gentle sawing motion, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Arrange the slices on the same baking sheet. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees F until golden brown.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.