Salmon is very simple to cook, moist and easy to eat for those who have had bariatric surgery. It is also a beautiful plate for a sit down meal.
While I have labeled this as Salmon for 2, its just as easy to make this meal for 4 or 8 or even 20 as the salmon portions, asparagus and lemon halves are roasted on a sheet pan all at the same time.
- Two 6 ounce portions of salmon, skin on - I remove after roasting while plating
- 1 lemon cut in half, plus cut a slice from each pointed end to stand on sheet pan
- 8 to 10 asparagus spears - use vegetable peeler to remove tough coating up to tips
- Prepared bottled Asian stir fry sauce - I use House of Tsang Classic Sauce for lots of things, or just use soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Wasabi sauce - you can buy this ready made in the mustard/mayo or Asian section of supermarkets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a sheet pan with vegetable cooking spray and arrange salmon portions skin side down, also the lemon halves and the asparagus.
- Very lightly brush salmon with prepared Asian seasoning sauce. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until salmon separates into wide flakes when lightly pressed with back of spoon, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Plate salmon with asparagus and wasabi sauce. Instruct your guests that they are to squeeze the warm roasted lemon over the salmon.