Walk in the front door, put down your purse, turn on the oven, throw these three ingredients into a metal pan and season to bake.
By the time you straighten up the house and get your family settled, the aroma of this delicious meal will have them all at the table. Super easy, healthy and delicious.
- 2 whole chicken legs or 4 legs or 4 thighs - bone in
- 1 pound peeled and cubed butternut squash
- One, whole fresh orange cut into 1/4ís then halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper
- Pinch of fresh or dried thyme
- Arrange the Chicken, Squash and Orange in a small metal baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Roast in preheated 400 degree toaster or regular oven until chicken is tender and Squash is softened, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove to platter and squeeze orange chunks into the pan drippings, adding 1/4 cup of water if needed to make a pan sauce.
- Add fresh thyme.
- Pour over chicken and serve.