Throw together a Cobb Salad! Yummy.
A hot summer evening with a Cool Cobb Salad! On the table in 10 minutes with fixin's in your fridge.
The Cobb is a classic and this version takes a little liberty with the ingredients. That's what's great about a salad - you can use anything you have in the fridge - rotisserie chicken, avocado, bacon, jammy cooked eggs, red onion, blue cheese - whatever you like. Just pay attention to FAT. You get ONE fat, so if you choose an ounce of cheese, you dont get avocado.
The dressing is easy and tasty! This is beautiful, fresh, delicious and healthy. Great bariatric eating for summer.
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- a few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad:
- tomato wedges
- sliced rotisserie chicken or turkey
- sliced toasted almonds
- chopped romaine hearts
- hard cooked eggs, halved
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt and pepper until thickened and set aside.
- Arrange all ingredients in a big wooden or glass salad bowl or platter for a beautiful presentation - tomatoes, chicken, bacon, almonds, romaine, and eggs.
- Spoon dressing over salad and toss well at table.
- Divide to plates.