Throw together a Cobb Salad! Yummy.
A hot summer evening with a Cool Cobb Salad! On the table in 10 minutes with fixin's in your fridge.
The Cobb is a classic and this version takes a little liberty with the ingredients. That's what's great about a salad - you can use anything you have in the fridge - rotisserie chicken, avocado, bacon, jammy cooked eggs, red onion, blue cheese - whatever you like. The dressing is easy and tasty! This is beautiful, fresh, delicious and healthy. Great bariatric eating for summer.
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- a few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad:
- tomato wedges
- 1liced rotisserie chicken or turkey
- sliced toasted almonds
- chopped romaine hearts
- hard cooked eggs, halved
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt and pepper until thickened and set aside.
- Arrange all ingredients in a big wooden or glass salad bowl or platter for a beautiful presentation - tomatoes, chicken, bacon, almonds, romaine, and eggs.
- Spoon dressing over salad and toss well at table.
- Divide to plates.