Lots of great flavors pulled from the shelves and quickly combined in this stew with the flavors of Spain!
Smoked Sweet Paprika is amazing stuff. This makes plenty for a supper plus either lunches or freeze for another meal!
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- One 15 ounce can diced (fire roasted) tomatoes
- One, 6 ounce jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- One, 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- One, 5 ounce jar marinated artichoke quarters, drained
- 1/4 cup green olives with pimento
- Chopped flat leaf parsley
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium high heat in a heavy large covered skillet until softened, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Season the chicken with half of the paprika, salt and pepper and add to the pan with the onions.
- Cook until browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the paprika and then add the broth, tomatoes, roasted peppers, beans and artichokes.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Stir in the olives and parsley.