Spanish Chicken & Bean Stew
Lots of great flavors pulled from the shelves and quickly combined in this stew with the flavors of Spain!
Smoked Sweet Paprika is amazing stuff. This makes plenty for a supper plus either lunches or freeze for another meal!
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- One 15 ounce can diced (fire roasted) tomatoes
- One, 6 ounce jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- One, 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- One, 5 ounce jar marinated artichoke quarters, drained
- 1/4 cup green olives with pimento
- Chopped flat leaf parsley
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium high heat in a heavy large covered skillet until softened, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Season the chicken with half of the paprika, salt and pepper and add to the pan with the onions.
- Cook until browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the paprika and then add the broth, tomatoes, roasted peppers, beans and artichokes.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Stir in the olives and parsley.