Okay so it is that time of year again. I don't always know who is playing, but I love playing hostess to those who do.
Ty has a nice big 65" high definition TV and has never liked going to other peoples homes for sports because they do not let him hold the remote. Does your man have to hold the remote? Having such a big television is a little extreme, but my husband says life is short and NO ONE every says they wish they had bought the the smaller TV!
So we are always the hosts for the sports events that count. This year we will watch the game alone. Which is cool as we are getting used to it after one year.
That leaves me to provide great food for the two of us!
When I had a gastric bypass in 2001, I stopped cooking the terribly unhealthy dishes that everyone loved, because friends and family had no idea they were being blasted by my killer food. The post op challenge is to make great tasting food that is isn't over the top bad. Truth is that my Buffalo Chicken Bites have great flavor and no one even thinks about them NOT being deep fried, they just EAT the dish, compliment me and lick their fingers.
Here are my Superbowl Menu choices for the big game! For the two of us tomorrow, Ill just make a bowl of salsa and some roasted Teriyaki Wings. A pan of brownies works for the sweet tooth!
Super Simple Superbowl Menu for 2 - mouse over and click on the recipe. - Susan
- Mexican Seafood Cocktails - serve these in martini or margarita glasses as individual servings!
- Italian Chicken Poppers - great finger food, super moist, lots of flavor!
- California Roll Bites - a perfectly portioned bite of shrimp, avocado & crunchy cucumbers yum!
- Buffalo Chicken Bites with Blue Cheese Celery Slaw - this can be served on a plate for bariatric folks or you can shred the chicken in the sauce to make a Buffalo Slider with the Blue Cheese slaw on a little potato roll FOR YOUR GUESTS!
- Blue Cheese Dip - this is the dressing for the slaw, but it is amazing as a dip!
- Roasted Teriyaki Wings - the snappy marinade is also great on ribs or chicken thighs!
- Jalapeno Party Poppers - super crispy and really good tasting!
- Super Fudge Surprise Brownies - everyone loves a little dessert but dont tell anyone the secret.
Gentlemen Start Your Engines! Wait, that's next month.