Waldorf Turkey Salad - Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
This recipe is perfect for all that Leftover Turkey you have in your fridge after Thanksgiving or Christmas.
I roast my turkey breast side down, so it is very moist, plus the creamy Greek yogurt blended with a touch of mayonnaise for tang creates the right texture for a bariatric post-op. Grapes add sweetness and curry powder adds zestiness and snap!
Eat your turkey salad on a plate or in Bibb Lettuce Cups. I love this dish and you will too! When you don't just happen to have half a turkey in the fridge, use a rotisserie chicken.
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt - I only use Fage as it is exceptionally thick and creamy
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's Mayo, regular or light
- 1 teaspoon curry powder - buy fresh, so its bold and flavorful, not old or dusty
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced sweet or red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut into halves or quarters
- 3 cups cubed roasted turkey or chicken - use mix of either dark or white
- Blend yogurt, mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, pepper, onion, celery and parsley in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and grapes, then gently fold until well coated.
- Serve a scoop on a bed of baby arugula or sliced tomato.