The best stuffed peppers you will ever eat.
The peppers are super tender after a quick par-boil before they are air roasted. A really delicious meal. You can double this recipe if your air fryer is large enough for 4 peppers.
Air Fryer Roasted Stuffed Peppers
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 2 medium green peppers, stems and seeds removed - cooked in boiling salted water for 3 minutes
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- reheat air fryer as per directions - I used the 390 setting. If using convection toaster oven, preheat to 400 degrees.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a small nonstick skillet until golden and remove from burner to cool. Blend the beef, cooked vegetables, ¼ cup tomato sauce, Worcestershire, salt and pepper and half the shredded cheese in a medium bowl. Divide and stuff the pepper halves - top with remaining tomato sauce and cheese. Arrange in the air fryer basket (or in small Pam-sprayed baking dish) and air fry or bake until meat is cooked through - 15 to 20 minutes.