These little gems are so good youíll make them over and over again!
The trick is to find the unsweetened coconut in your supermarket - it is often labeled as 'dessicated' or dried. Check the label and make sure sugar is not listed as an Ingredient. Mmmm, I love coconut!
The dipping sauce is amazing with these Coconut Shrimp as well as grilled chicken & fish!
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 pound raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- lemon or lime wedges
For the Sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, these can be found in cans with the Mexican foods in most large grocery stores
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 2 tablespoons Crushed Pineapple
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- A pinch of salt
- In a Food Processor, pulse all Sauce Ingredients until smooth.
- Set aside in refrigerator until you are ready to serve. This can be done a day ahead.
- Preheat air fryer as per directions - I used the 390 setting. If using convection toaster oven, preheat to 400 degrees.
- Toss the cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and beaten egg white with the shrimp in a medium bowl until lightly coated. Place coconut in a second bowl.
- Take each shrimp and dredge in the coconut, pressing gently to adhere.
- Arrange in the air fryer basket. (or on Pam-sprayed baking sheet) and air fry or bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve with wedges of limes, lemons and the sauce on the side.