Stuffed Peppers (with Air Fryer instructions too!)
The best stuffed peppers you will ever eat.
The peppers are super tender after a quick par-boil before they are stuffed and roasted. Plus an air fryer version! A really delicious meal
- 4 medium green peppers, stems and seeds removed - cooked in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, drained on paper towels
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- One pound lean ground beef
- One 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat air fryer as per directions - I used the 390 setting. If using convection toaster or regular oven, preheat to 375 degrees.
Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a small nonstick skillet until golden and remove from burner to cool. Blend the raw ground beef, cooked onion mixture, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, Worcestershire, salt and pepper and half the shredded cheese in a medium bowl. Divide and stuff each pepper - top with remaining tomato sauce and cheese.
Arrange in the air fryer basket (or in small Pam-sprayed baking dish) and air fry or bake until meat is cooked through - 20 minutes.