The best stuffed peppers you will ever eat.
The peppers are super tender after a quick par-boil before they are stuffed and air roasted. Plus an oven version for those who have not yet procured an Air Fryer! A really delicious meal.
You can double this recipe and make 4 stuffed peppers if your air fryer is large enough.
- 2 medium green peppers, stems and seeds removed - cooked in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, drained and cooled
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat air fryer as per directions - I used the 390 setting. If using convection toaster oven, preheat to 400 degrees.
Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a small nonstick skillet until golden and remove from burner to cool. Blend the beef, cooked onion mixture, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, Worcestershire, salt and pepper and half the shredded cheese in a medium bowl. Divide and stuff each pepper - top with remaining tomato sauce and cheese.
Arrange in the air fryer basket (or in small Pam-sprayed baking dish) and air fry or bake until meat is cooked through - 15 to 20 minutes.