"Potato Salad is a wonderful thing, a great side for a barbecue or weekend meal. I decided to make a potato salad with a twist: cubed rutabaga, radish, egg, celery, and spices, and not a spud in sight!" ~~ Alison Meacham, Facebook Administrator
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, hard cooked and sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 slice bacon, cut into fine dice and cooked until crisp
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh scallion tops, parsley or dill
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Place rutabaga in a medium pot, fill with water to cover, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until you are able to easily pierce to center with tip of sharp knife. Do not overcook. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Old Bay, pickle juice, Dijon mustard, garlic and fresh herbs.
- Stir in the eggs, radishes, celery, bacon and chopped scallion. Gently fold in the chilled rutabaga to just combine.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.