A riff on the classic. Make a plate of them and take them wherever you're invited. You will always be invited back. Everyone LOVES deviled eggs and these are spectacular.
If you have ever struggled with peeling eggs after boiling only to have them look like you rolled them down the gravel driveway, learn the foolproof method taught to me by none other than my Aunt Gail. Click for Aunt Gail's Secret for Hard Boiled Eggs.
- 6 hard cooked eggs
- 1/2 ripe avocado, fork mashed
- 2 teaspoons very finely minced red onion, rinsed in cold water and dried in paper towel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sliced cooked bacon, finely chopped
- Smoked paprika
- Peel hard cooked eggs, slice in half length-wise and scoop out yolks into a small bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork.
- Mash in the avocado, onion, cilantro, salt, and black pepper.
- Scoop a teaspoon of the yolk mixture into each egg white half and arrange on a plate.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika and add a few bits of bacon to the top of each egg half.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill.