A riff on the classic. Make a plate of them and take them wherever you're invited. You will always be invited back. Everyone LOVES deviled eggs and these are spectacular.
- 6 hard cooked eggs
- 1/2 ripe avocado, fork mashed
- 2 teaspoons very finely minced red onion, rinsed in cold water and dried in paper towel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sliced cooked bacon, finely chopped
- Smoked paprika
- Peel hard cooked eggs, slice in half length-wise and scoop out yolks into a small bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork.
- Mash in the avocado, onion, cilantro, salt, and black pepper.
- Scoop a teaspoon of the yolk mixture into each egg white half and arrange on a plate.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika and add a few bits of bacon to the top of each egg half.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill.