BBQ Chicken - Homemade 5 Ingredient BBQ Sauce
Bottled barbecue sauces have more sugar than candy!
I have read every bottle on the supermarket shelf looking for sauce - some have 12 grams of sugar per tablespoon and who uses a single tablespoon of sauce? NO ONE!
This is a delicious bbq sauce that is perfect to keep in the fridge for that package of chicken thighs you pick up on the way home from work - throw them into the oven or on the grill. Whip up the sauce and make a big wooden bowl tossed salad, its a fast and healthy weeknight meal for your family!
- 8 chicken thighs, legs, or breasts cut in half
- Prepared bbq seasoning blend - I use Tony Chatcheres Creole Seasoning on everything.
- 2 cups ketchup - Heinz makes a low sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- About half a jar Smuckers Sugar Free Grape Preserves or Jelly (or Apricot, or Strawberry or Blackberry or Raspberry... they're all great for sauce!)
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- Preheat oven to 375 or preheat your outdoor grill and coat grate with vegetable cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken pieces on a sheet pan, season and pop into a preheated 375 degree oven. OR season and arrange on hot outdoor grill.
- Simmer ketchup, chili powder, mustard, and preserves in a small saucepan over medium low heat for 10 minutes for a snappy no sugar bbq sauce that your entire family will love.