I make deviled eggs for parties most of the time because everyone loves them and they are the first plate to empty!
This version is a BLT - Bacon Lettuce and Tomato. It can't get any better! They are super low carb and bariatric friendly.
Make them for a party platter today.
Lets start with the hard boiled eggs.
If you have ever struggled with peeling eggs after boiling only to have them look like you rolled them down the gravel driveway, learn the foolproof method taught to me by none other than my Aunt Gail. Click for Aunt Gail's Secret for Hard Boiled Eggs.
- 1 dozen large eggs - hard cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cup Fage Total Greek yogurt - buy a small single serve container
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 12 grape tomatoes, cut into quarters, or 1 medium ripe Roma tomato, cut into small cubes
- 6 slices very crisp cooked bacon (pro tip: cook it in oven) - coarsely chopped
- Micro green arugula or use a few medium romaine lettuce leaves, halved and very thinly sliced
- Peel and cut eggs in half transferring whites to a platter and yolks to a large bowl.
- Combine the cooked yolks, yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt, pepper and shallot - mash with a fork until well combined and smooth.
- Just before serving, fold in the tomato and half of the bacon.
- Put a few shreds of lettuce into each egg and add a dollop of yolk mixture into the middle.
- Garnish with a little more of the bacon.