YES, IT DOES TASTE LIKE A CHEESEBURGER AND IS EVEN BETTER THE NEXT DAY WHEN YOU MICROWAVE A WEDGE FOR LUNCH!
Paint the plates with ketchup and mustard and serve with Wickles Spicy Pickle Chips, lettuce and tomato, that's how I like my burgers. It is intentionally left rather unseasoned except for the ketchup, salt and pepper, its meant to taste like a basic burger - the kind where you've got beefy goodness and just the condiments! Mmmmm.
Use high quality lean beef so the dish is not greasy. Use good meat, quality matters big time. Cheap ground beef will never taste as good as the higher quality kind and will be higher in fat and therefore higher in calories. The same goes for ground turkey. If you choose to use that instead of beef, make sure you're getting good quality ground turkey as many of the store bought varieties use skin, fat and other part of the turkey no one would consider to be food quality at all. Read labels, you'll learn a lot!
You can use either the Inspire Protein Kitchen Everything Bagel Flatbread Mix OR the OG Pancake Mix in this dish with great results.Ingredients
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds very lean ground beef (or ground sirloin or buffalo or even soy crumbles)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Heinz low sugar ketchup, found in most supermarkets
- 1/2 cup Inspire Protein Kitchen Everything Bagel Flatbread Mix (or use original IPK Pancake Mix for a sweet savory flair)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces Cabot 70% Cheddar, shredded (Grating your own cheese is less expensive and no chemical additives. Use half of an 8 ounce bar of cheddar)
- Burger toppings - Ketchup, mustard, onion, and Wickles spicy pickle chips are what we use in my house