Cheddar 'Tater' Tots
Easy, cheesy, roasty, toasty and delicious. When given a choice, people always choose the Tots!
A fantastic side dish for pork chops, grilled chicken tenders, ham steak, sliced sirloin. Your family will love them. Oh yes, please dont tell anyone they are cauliflower, or they wont eat them!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower- this is about 2 pounds and once trimmed of leaves and large center core will yield about 3 cups of florets
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces yellow cheddar, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Arrange cauliflower florets with the garlic on a Pam sprayed sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until softened and edges are browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Transfer roasted cauliflower to food processor. Add the yogurt, cheese, parsley, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt - pulse until well blended but still has texture.
Fill each mini muffin tin about 2/3 full and bake until puffed and golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Makes 24 tots.
TIP: I use a small metal ice cream scoop to portion into my mini muffin tins. Neatness counts!