Chicken Taco Pie
Yep, from the folks who invented Cheeseburger Pie, we bring you Chicken Taco Pie.
It is super easy, super cheesy, super delish. We have lightened it up for bariatric post-ops and their families. Top your slice with whatever YOU like on your tacos. I love avocado, roasted salsa and Greek yogurt.
- 2 1/2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- Jar of favorite roasted salsa - I use Frontera or Salpica or Herdez
- Packet of Taco Seasoning - yes, its processed but it's fast
- 1/2 cup Inspire Protein Kitchen Flatbread Mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- Half of an 8 ounce bar Cabot 70% Cheddar or Pepper Jack, grated (grating your own cheese is less expensive and no chemical additives) - about 1 1/4 cups
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9 inch pie plate, especially around edges, with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl toss the chicken with enough of the salsa to moisten without it being soupy and spoon into the prepared pie plate.
- Combine the Inspire Protein Kitchen Flatbread Mix, milk, 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and eggs in a small bowl until blended - fold in the cheese. Pour over the meat mixture in pie plate.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until knife inserted in near center comes out with just a moist crumb or two.
- The intent is for this to be a tender topping, so do not over bake into dryness.
- Cut into wedges spoon on some of remaining salsa and top with avocado, lettuce shreds and Greek yogurt instead of Sour Cream.