Yep, from the folks who invented Cheeseburger Pie, we bring you Chicken Taco Pie.
It is super easy, super cheesy, super delish. We have lightened it up for bariatric post-ops and their families. Top your slice with whatever YOU like on your tacos. I love avocado, roasted salsa and Greek yogurt.
- 2 1/2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- Jar of favorite roasted salsa - I use Frontera or Salpica or Herdez
- Packet of Taco Seasoning - yes, its processed but it's fast
- 1/2 cup Inspire Protein Kitchen Flatbread Mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- Half of an 8 ounce bar Cabot 70% Cheddar or Pepper Jack, grated (grating your own cheese is less expensive and no chemical additives) - about 1 1/4 cups
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9 inch pie plate, especially around edges, with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl toss the chicken with enough of the salsa to moisten without it being soupy and spoon into the prepared pie plate.
- Combine the Inspire Protein Kitchen Flatbread Mix, milk, 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and eggs in a small bowl until blended - fold in the cheese. Pour over the meat mixture in pie plate.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until knife inserted in near center comes out with just a moist crumb or two.
- The intent is for this to be a tender topping, so do not over bake into dryness.
- Cut into wedges spoon on some of remaining salsa and top with avocado, lettuce shreds and Greek yogurt instead of Sour Cream.