I love sweet and savory dishes! The high oven temperature toasts the ends of the coconut and the sweet vinegary sauce is super easy, super tasty.
This dish is nice with really thin green beans that you've sautéed in garlic and olive oil with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- 1 package chicken tenderloins - usually 8 to 10 to a pound
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Smuckers Sugar Free Apricot jam
- 1/4 cup red wine or white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F, line sheet pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- Pile chicken in a bowl and using your impeccably clean hands, mix with the mayonnaise to lightly coat the chicken.
- Spread the coconut in a shallow dish, roll each chicken piece to coat, arrange on prepared sheet pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center and tips of coconut is turning golden. Season warm chicken with salt.
- Prepare dipping sauce by warming the jam with the vinegar in a small pot until combined.