Maryland Shrimp Salad
I love this shrimp salad! Shrimp is soft and almost gelatinous - super easy to eat and really delicious too! The seasoning MAKES this dish.
I practically lived on this shrimp salad after my surgery, as it is an excellent texture as a first puree food when the shrimp salad is processed into a little finer spread. This is also a great appetizer or party food when served with cucumber rounds; just leave the shrimp a little chunkier for texture. My original version called for all mayo, but recent popularity in Greek yogurt has slimmed this down and improved on the original.
Fork mash half of a ripe avocado with a scoop of the shrimp salad! The. Best. Summer. Lunch. Ever!
- 1 tablespoon Hellmann's Reduced Fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Fage plain Greek yogurt
- 3 scallions minced
- small stalk celery, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Seafood Seasoning OR TO YOUR TASTE - Old Bay, Phillips, there are many brands
- 1 pound cooked shrimp - or 1 pound raw cleaned shrimp sauteed in 1 teaspoon olive oil until just cooked through
- Place mayonnaise, yogurt, scallions, celery seasoning and shrimp in a medium bowl - fold until well blended and chill.
- To make shrimp spread, place the shrimp salad in the food processor and pulse until ground but still has some texture or pulse a few more times to use as a puree - transfer to small bowl.