When I am running late for supper with nothing really planned, I stop for a half pound of large shrimp and a few salad ingredients. I can have this beautiful plate of food on the table in five minutes!
- 1/2 pound large shrimp - about 1/4 pound per person
- drop of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chili powder or chipotle seasoning - or any seasoning blend actually
- baby arugula
- Juice of one lime
- ripe tomato
- Greek yogurt - I use Fage Greek
- Slide shrimp on a skewer, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili powder. Set aside.
- Toss arugula with salt, pepper, olive oil and juice of 1/2 lime. Pile on serving plate. Add sliced tomato, sliced avocado or whatever you like!
- Blend yogurt with juice of other half of lime and enough of the chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a grill pan or non stick skillet over high heat until smoking hot.
- Arrange shrimp skewers. Allow them to sizzle for one minute. Flip and sizzle on side two until done. Just a minute per side depending on size of shrimp.
- Lay Shrimp Skewers over arugula, spoon on Lime Creme and serve immediately.