Gail is not just my mom's sister, but good friend, co-chef for the week, and an amazing cook! We have been whipping up some tasty party bites and it dawned on me that often we are often so excited that our offering is healthy, that we share that info with our guests.
Telling someone that a food or dish is low carb, healthy, low calorie, fat free, even keto is 'the kiss of death' for many people. Folks are afraid of 'diet food', especially anything bariatric and sometimes won't even taste your food.
TRY THIS: put this platter of Stuffed Mini Peppers on the table and tell them they are Pork Stuffed Mini Peppers... no need to say they are keto or low carb or healthy.
JUST ENJOY! These are super delicious and have the flavor of Asian potstickers.
- 12 mini peppers stemmed and seeded or I use Italian or Hungarian Banana peppers, cut in half, stemmed and seeded
- 2 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Saute the cabbage with the salt in a non stick skillet over medium high heat until softened and the juices have evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Mix the cooked cabbage with the pork, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Fill the peppers, arrange on a sheet pan and broil on center rack until meat is cooked, 8 to 10 minutes.