Foil Pouch Fish Fillets
Excellent bariatric friendly food - the fish steams and is so tender and delicious.
Lots of juices from the citrus and vegetables. Use any fish or shrimp you love, change up the seasonings to Tony Chatcheres Cajun or Mexican Adobo, add some freshly cut corn kernels, thinly sliced peppers or any fresh summer veggie you have on hand.
- Aluminum Foil
- Salmon fillets
- Very thinly sliced onion or fennel
- Lemon slices
- Old Bay Seasoning or salt and pepper
- Lay out a foil square for each dinner.
- Build by layering onion or fennel, asparagus, the fish, a slice of lemon. Drizzle with olive oil, season with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Fold over the foil and seal it like a pouch.
Three ways to cook your fish packets...
- OVEN: Cook in preheated 400 degree oven for 12 minutes
- GRILL: Pop on a hot preheated grill with top down for 12 minutes
- SKILLET: Place on a dry hot preheated skillet and cook for 12 minutes