Toaster Oven Meal: Portobello Lasagna
This is a quick and easy Low Carb and HIGHLY Delicious meal you can make on a busy weeknight!
Cooking healthy meals for your entire family doesn't have to be complicated and time consuming. This is a meal everyone will love! Serve with a simple green salad on the side and dinner is DONE!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 Portobello mushrooms - stems removed and dark gills scraped clean with a spoon
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup favorite pasta sauce
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat toaster oven to broiler setting.
- Pour olive oil on sheet tray and arrange garlic slices.
- Broil until garlic is golden, being careful to not burn. Remove tray from oven, reserve garlic slices.
- One at a time, paint the smooth side of each portobello with garlic oil, using back of spoon.
- Arrange smooth side up on the sheet pan and broil until golden and mushroom has released juices, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Turn and broil 'cup side up' until tender. Remove from oven and drain liquid from 'cup' on paper towels.
- Place a mushroom, cup up, on and fill with ricotta, sauce, and Parmesan.
- Broil until hot, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with more Parmesan and garlic chips.