The sauce we all LOVE LOVE LOVE on top of a Gyro.
Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon, dill and lots of cucumber. I could eat it by the bowl... use it to top grilled chicken or salmon or lamb or shrimp. Its super delicious, makes that bite of food chew up moist and easy to eat, and its diet friendly.
- 1 medium English cucumber, the kind that is wrapped in plastic
- 1 cup Greek whole milk yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and grate the cucumber into a medium bowl - gather up into your hands and squeeze out a good amount of the excess water into a bowl or sink to disgard - the intention is to not have it be quite as sopping wet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and dill.
- Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and add more to your taste.
- Spoon over your grilled meat or fish... its wonderful!