Roasted Asian Glazed Salmon
I make this one in a toaster oven when I don't feel like using the wall oven.
You can use any Asian sauce you have or can find in the supermarket, but I love gochujang as its spicy and flavorful! Try it.
This can also be cooked on the grill... just cook on low heat until it separates into large moist flakes then glaze with your sauce.
- Olive oil or peanut oil or non stick cooking spray
- 6 ounce portions of salmon, one per person
- Gochujang sauce - this is a fermented Korean chili paste that is really tasty
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Yep, this is low and slow and its foolproof!
- Line a small pan with foil or parchment and coat with olive oil.
- Arrange salmon on prepared pan skin side down.
- Smear with gochujang sauce.
- Bake for 40 minutes - fish will separate into big flakes when pressed firmly with back of spoon.
- Remove to plate, scatter with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve with cucumber salad dressed with peanut oil and rice wine vinegar.