This dessert is actually simple - a sugar free shortbread cookie, spread with no sugar vanilla cream, as a base for flag inspired fresh fruit!
A Summer Showstopper! Everyone will smile when they see your American Pie. It is super low in sugar with the few grams from just the fresh fruit and a cup of Cool Whip. It's not super low in calories or a *free food*, but its not all for you, silly wabbit, it's for the party!
You've got to use the regular flour for this to turn out, if it bothers you, make a different recipe.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Truvia sugar replacer
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- One 4 serving package of Jello Sugar Free Instant Pudding mix - Vanilla or Banana or Cheesecake
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed - use regular or sugar free as there is little difference between the two
- Blueberries, bananas, strawberries
- Smuckers Sugar Free Preserves - use a seedless flavor
- Mix the almond flour, all purpose flour, Truvia, almond extract, salt and butter in a medium bowl until the mixture appears evenly moist and comes together into a soft cookie dough.
- Pat into a parchment lined 9 inch round tart pan or pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden and slightly firm to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Whip pudding mix with milk, using a hand mixer, until thick and smooth. Add the Cool Whip and blend on low until light and fluffy. Cover and chill.
- To assemble just before serving: spread the cream to 1/4 inch of edge of crust. Arrange fruit into flag design as shown.
- Melt preserves over low heat and drizzle over the fruit with a small spoon.