Inspire Apple Dutch Pancake
Apple pancakes have always been my favorite.
When I was a little girl, I would ask my mum to place apple slices on my pancakes before she flipped them.
This isn't really a recipe, its just a slightly different and tasty way to cook our Inspire Silver Dollar Pancakes! What a lovely breakfast.
- 1 large brown egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Inspire Pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 of a crisp apple, peeled and very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk the egg, cinnamon, milk, pancake mix, Splenda and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth - set aside to rest.
- Melt the butter in a 7 inch non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Pour the pancake batter into the hot skillet, arrange the apple slices and sprinkle with cinnamon to the top.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake until slightly puffed and set, 10 to 12 minutes, but it depends on the size of your skillet.
- Slide onto plate and cut into wedges to eat while warm.