The juiciest chicken on the grill starts with chicken on the bone... I always cook 6 thighs for two of us, so there are leftovers!
CORN????!!! Yep, there are few things in life as wonderful as fresh summer corn. A few bites of an ear of corn was not reason for morbid obesity. Do not slather on mayonnaise and or butter and its fine. Psssst, its a VEGETABLE. Would I nibble a cooked from frozen cob or from a can, nope, but tender summer corn is worth it.
Real time steps in preparing a meal on the grill.
- preheat grill
- blend rub and season chicken
- arrange chicken on grill
- blend bbq sauce in a pot for a simmer
- put corn on to cook
- turn chicken
- make tomato salad
- turn chicken and baste with sauce
- set table with napkins, silverware and plates
- drain corn - stack in serving bowl, put corn and tomatoes on table, and last step is to transfer chicken to platter and place in center of table.
SML's BBQ Rub
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
SML's Quick BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Heinz low sugar ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Lightly coat grates with non stick cooking spray; preheat grill to high.
- Blend BBQ rub and use to season your chicken on both sides
- Arrange chicken pieces on grill, lower cover and cook, turning frequently, until chicken registers 165 degrees (160 degrees for breast) on an instant read thermometer, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring ketchup, vinegar, Splenda, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and garlic powder to a simmer in a small saucepan and cook stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and reduced to about 1 cup, 4 to 6 minutes - season with salt and pepper to taste, transfer sauce to a bowl.
- Cover corn with water and bring to a boil over high heat - cook 6 to 8 minutes while chicken is grilling.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half and toss with a creamy type dressing and set aside in refrigerator.
- Baste chicken with the sauce, until chicken is glazed, 2 to 3 minutes more. Serve with remaining sauce on side.