The Mixed Grill part is EASY as it's simply choosing a variety of sausages from the fresh meat case - this photo is a blend of Italian Sweet, Italian Hot, and Sicilian sausages. Fire up the grill and cook until done - dont overcook - keep them juicy! Let them rest a few minutes, before slicing to a large tray.
My sauces? Sriracha with Greek yogurt, an envelope of Hidden Valley Ranch with Greek yogurt, and a blender Italian Salsa Verde - blend Italian parsley, garlic, lemon zest and juice, crushed red pepper, capers and anchovy with enough olive oil to make a sauce.
I make many versions of this salad as it is my 'go to' or 'signature bowl' when I need to take a dish to a barbecue! I add just enough cooked quinoa (a grain, not a macaroni) so folks think its a pasta salad. The Mediterranean flavors of lemon and olive oil and the crisp fresh summer vegetables are perfect with a platter of grilled meats. I guarantee this is the first bowl on the picnic table to be EMPTIED.
- 1 cucumber quartered and sliced
- Red tomatoes, halved or quartered
- Yellow tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, large chop
- 1 cup cooked quinoa. cooled - from a box of NEAR EAST brand Rosemary & Olive Oil Quinoa Blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, parsley and quinoa in large salad bowl.
- Blend the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl, pour vinaigrette over salad and toss gently.
- Hold salad up to 4 hours before serving.