Chocolate Chip Cookies, no sugar added
These amazing chocolate chip cookies have Truvia sugar replacers as a swap out for the white and brown sugar.
They are a perfect nibble to make when you need a plate of festive sweets to share at a gathering of family, friends or office folk. It is nice to be a part of the group and NOT sabotage your path to goal. Life is too short to not join in when everyone else is having a cookie.
So be smart, make these and bring them on a pretty plate to the gathering. NO ONE will guess they are very low in natural sugar and carbs - plus they are chewy moist and delicious. EVERYONE who eats one will smile!
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend - other sweeteners do not work in this formula
- 1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar - other sweeteners do not work in this formula
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips - Hershey's or Lily's are in many stores
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, Truvia, Truvia brown, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add egg and beat well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.