Make this for your next Summer BBQ when you're entertaining a crowd or on the 4th of July.
It is sugar free, super easy and really good. It's frozen in a loaf pan and cut into slices!
This would be also be really tasty using pistachio sugar free Jello Pudding mix, with almond extract and raspberries.
- 1 1/4 cup of 1 or 2% milk (do not use almond or coconut milk, pudding will not thicken)
- One, 4 serving package Jello Sugar Free Instant Pudding mix - Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest plus juice of 1/2 lemon
- One, 8 ounce container regular Cool Whip, thawed (regular has 1g sugar, sugar free has 0g but more corn syrup, so its really not that different)
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Whisk the milk into the pudding mix in a medium bowl until smooth and thick.
- Stir in the vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Mix in half the Cool Whip to lighten mixture.
- Gently fold in the remaining Cool Whip and then the berries.
- Transfer to prepared loaf pan - fold wrap over top of ‘cake’ and place in level area of freezer. Freeze for 2 hours or until solid.
To serve: remove from freezer and allow to icy thaw for 15 minutes. Slice, garnish and serve!