Baked Cherry Custard - Make a French Clafoutis
When your friends ask you what this is, you can tell them its just a little French dessert you threw together.
Cherry Clafoutis (KLA-FOO-TEE) is a surprisingly easy to make and tasty combination of almond custard studded with a handful of dark sweet Bing cherries.
The best part is that there is no crust, just a handful of ingredients you do just throw together on a summer evening. Eat this one on the porch. Yum.
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Truvia or 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour - no swaps, this wont turn out without the flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a round ceramic pie plate or baking dish and place dish on a baking sheet.
- Arrange the cherries in the dish.
- Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, almond, salt and flour in the blender, pulsing to create a batter, being careful not to over mix.
- Allow batter to rest 15 minutes. Pour over cherries.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until golden and puffed. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Serve warm.