Bacon and Egg Breakfast Bites
Really delicious and very versatile. Keep in the fridge and microwave a few seconds to warm and eat as you wish.
This 'no crust' recipe makes between 6 and 12 egg bites depending on the size of your muffin tins. You could even use a tiny one that makes 16 to 24 bacon and egg 'one-bites'. Or small, one cup ramekins.
Keep an eye on them in the oven, they are easy to overcook and you ideally want them to be a little undercooked as they continue cooking after removed from oven.
We cannot list a time as we do not know the size of the muffin tins or small dishes you are using, so pop in oven and watch them. Slightly puffed at edges but still a little jiggly in center means take them out.
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup Carnation evaporated milk (the canned milk adds nice creaminess)
- 2 tablespoons Inspire Protein Kitchen Everything Bagel Flatbread or OG Pancake Mix
- 4 ounces Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup loosely packed)
- 1 jalapeno, very finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- a few grates of nutmeg (buy a couple of whole nutmeg to grate into your egg dishes)
- 4 slices bacon - diced, cooked until crisp, drained
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non stick vegetable spray.
- Combine the eggs, milk, 1/2 cup of the cheese, green onion, salt, pepper, paprika, and nutmeg.
- Pour into muffin cups. Top each bite with a bit of shredded cheese and a few of the bacon bits.
- Bake until puffed around edges but still have a soft center jiggle.
- Allow to cool before removing. Serve warm or at room temperature.