No Sugar French Yogurt Cake
My Aunt Mickey will be visiting for a few days... she is diabetic. This is perfect for an evening dessert on our patio! It is lemony, super moist and really delicious. My husband loves a slice of this cake with berries and whipped cream! Try it.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly grated zest of one lemon
- 3/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend sugar replacer
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a loaf pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Whisk together to combine in small bowl the almond flour, flour, baking powder, salt - set aside.
- In a large bowl, with your fingers, rub together the lemon zest and Truvia.
- Whisk in the yogurt, butter, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Blend in the flour mixture.
- Transfer into loaf pan and smooth top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until golden brown, top has risen, and thin skewer inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes, invert onto rack and cool completely.