Perfect for 'no sugar dessert' bakers, these soft spiced pumpkin cookies are sandwiched with no sugar cream cheese frosting.
Wonderful for holiday sharing with family and friends.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Truvía
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Truvía
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon milk (if needed, otherwise optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the butter and Truvia with a hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, egg, and pumpkin, and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add this to the wet ingredients and gently fold to mix until the flours just disappear. Do not over mix, or the cookies will come out dense.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, portion 12 scoops of cookie dough out onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until puffed and baked through, 14 to 16 minutes. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough, then let the cookies cool completely.
- Whip the cream cheese, Truvía and vanilla together with a hand mixer, until fluffy. Add milk, if needed, to make spreading consistency.
Spread onto the cooled cookies and sandwich in two’s to make your whoopee pies, and enjoy! Make 12 whoopee pies - unless you make them large, and then you'll have a few less.