For over 30 years my Georgia born husband has occasionally tossed a plastic container of pimento cheese into our grocery cart. One Saturday morning Paula Deen was talking about making pimento cheese and the light bulb went ON that pimento cheese is homemade!
I am certain that a processed plastic tub is not from his Southern childhood. Ty says this homemade version tastes like the bowl in Mama Jack's icebox. For a big protein boost, blend PURE Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate into the Greek yogurt and mayonnaise before blending into the shredded cheese.
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Fage 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard
- Pinch of sea salt and a few grinds black pepper
- One 4-ounce jar whole pimentos - well drained and diced
- 8 ounces Cabot brand yellow sharp cheddar - shredded
Blend the mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt, black pepper and if using, PURE in a medium bowl. Add the pimentos and cheese, fold until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the cheese to melt with the seasonings.