Rolled Boneless Turkey Breast with Apples
An impressive and delicious Turkey Roll for your smaller holiday gathering!
Make a delicious seasoned apple filling to roll into a butterflied boneless turkey breast. Roast to juicy perfection!
Be mindful to not overcook your roast, buy a meat thermometer. They are five dollars at the grocery store.
- One 2 1/2 to 3 pound boneless turkey breast half, butterflied (have a meatcutter remove the bones and butterfly - ask him for some butchers string!)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced - reserve a few slices for the roasting pan
- 1 medium onion, peeled and very thinly sliced - reserve a few slices for the roasting pan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Bell's Seasoning, or your favorite prepared poultry blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Sauté the apples and onions in butter in a non stick skillet until soft and beginning to turn golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes - stir in the poultry seasoning, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and parsley.
- Spoon apple onion mixture down center of seasoned flattened turkey and fold up both sides, so the filling is encased in the center of meat. Tie with kitchen string in several places.
- Transfer the turkey roll to the roasting pan, seam side down, on top of reserved apple and onion slices, lightly rub the turkey with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the meat reads 150 F, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the roast from the pan to a platter.
- Mash the onion and apple into the pan juices using a fork, adding enough chicken broth to scrape up the bits, creating a moist and delicious sauce for the sliced turkey.