Because everyone loves Jello!
You may have grown up with an Aunt or Grandma who never turned up to a family event without her trusty green Jello mold, containing a delicious and intricate looking dessert, I know I did.
When I started entertaining family in my home home as an Adult I decided I’d be the one who brings that to the table. This recipe updates a vintage classic with a zero sugar spin. Making it the perfect dessert for Easter, Mother's Day and really, any day! I think you’ll love it too, you've got to make this one!
- 2 boxes Sugar Free Jello, any flavor, small four serving size
- 1 14.5oz can Del Monte No Sugar added Fruit Cocktail, well drained, discard liquid
- One 5 to 6 ounce container Greek Yogurt, vanilla flavor - I use Chobani or Oikos
- Dissolve 1 box of Jello with 3/4 cup boiling water in a medium bowl, stir in 1/2 cup cold water and place in refrigerator 40 to 60 minutes, until the consistency of egg white.
- Lightly spray a small fluted Jello mold, bundt pan, or small deep glass bowl with cooking spray.
- Stir the drained fruit into the semi set Jello and pour into prepared mold.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, mixture should be soft set but slightly firm to the touch. If surface is not solid where fingertip dips into liquid at 30 minutes, continue to check every 5 minutes.
- While the above fruit and Jello mixture is chilling, transfer the yogurt into a medium bowl. In separate small bowl dissolve second box of Jello in 1 cup boiling water.
- Whisk about 1/2 of the hot Jello into the yogurt, then the remaining half making sure mixture is smooth and fully blended.
- Slowly pour the creamy yogurt Jello mixture in a layer over the soft set fruit and Jello mixture - return to the refrigerator and chill overnight.
To unmold, remove from refrigerator and set on countertop at room temperature for 10 minutes. Place a serving platter on top of the mold, then carefully flip. Lift up the mold and the shaped Jello should drop onto the plate.
If not, do not shake or attempt to pry it out. Wet a clean dish towel with hot water, wring out quickly so it stays warm and place over the mold for a few minutes while the mold is on the platter and the jello should drop out onto platter. Cut and serve immediately, or chill until serving time.
If you have trouble with this step, don't worry, simply use a spoon and scoop into glass serving dishes.