Ten Minute, Sugar Free, Zero Calorie, Fruity Jigglin Goodness!
Trust me on this one. With all this talk about Regain and Inspire Diet, let's knock off the foods that push the limits. I have a sweet tooth and this is one of the best tasting desserts I make. Plus you can't beat the calorie and carb count at near zero. Get out your glass bowl so you can learn 10 Minute Speed Set!
I make this during a commercial, pop it into the fridge, and by the next commercial it is ready!
This is a throwback to the 70's when Mom's made Jell-O. The hard rubbery stuff you buy in cups is awful. You don't buy Jell-O, you MAKE it. Huge flavor difference.
- One 4 serving package Sugar Free Jell-O Strawberry
- 1 cup Raspberries, or Blackberries, or Strawberries, or diced Melon, Peaches, Pears
- Hot water, cold water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Pour the powder from an envelope of the small 4-serving package of Jell-O sugar free gelatin into a medium glass bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup boiling water and stir until completely dissolved. Be patient. (the glass or light colored bowl makes it very easy to tell when the powder has completely dissolved)
- Add 1/2 cup cold water and 1 cup ice cubes to the hot mixture and stir constantly for 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Remove any unmelted cubes. OPTIONAL: Stir in a cup of fruit - I like to slightly crush my berries so the juice mixes with the jiggle - raspberries, dice strawberries, halve blackberries, or cut melon into tiny cubes.
- Either leave the mixture in your glass bowl or pour into fancy glasses and pop into the fridge.
- It will be soft-set and ready to eat in about ten minutes.