Trust me on this one. With all this talk about Regain and Inspire Diet, let's knock off the foods that push the limits. I have a sweet tooth and this is one of the best tasting desserts I make. Plus you can't beat the calorie and carb count at near zero. Get out your glass bowl so you can learn 10 Minute Speed Set!
I make this during a commercial, pop it into the fridge, and by the next commercial it is ready!
This is a throwback to the 70's when Mom's made Jell-O. The hard rubbery stuff you buy in cups is awful. You don't buy Jell-O, you MAKE it. Huge flavor difference.
- One 4 serving package Sugar Free Jell-O Strawberry
- 1 cup Raspberries, or Blackberries, or Strawberries, or diced Melon, Peaches, Pears
- Hot water, cold water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Pour the powder from an envelope of the small 4-serving package of Jell-O sugar free gelatin into a medium glass bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup boiling water and stir until completely dissolved. Be patient. (the glass or light colored bowl makes it very easy to tell when the powder has completely dissolved)
- Add 1/2 cup cold water and 1 cup ice cubes to the hot mixture and stir constantly for 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Remove any unmelted cubes. OPTIONAL: Stir in a cup of fruit - I like to slightly crush my berries so the juice mixes with the jiggle - raspberries, dice strawberries, halve blackberries, or cut melon into tiny cubes.
- Either leave the mixture in your glass bowl or pour into fancy glasses and pop into the fridge.
- It will be soft-set and ready to eat in about ten minutes.