This recipe is air fryer perfect as the high temps really seal in the juices.
So few ingredients and so much flavor! I use store bought Jimmy Dean Sage sausage as it is tasty and lean. A great lunch for work days when served with with baby greens and pickles. All this goodness is enhanced by a quick mustard sauce made with Greek yogurt, mayo and Dijon mustard.
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 pound Jimmy Dean Sage or homemade recipe of sausage
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat air fryer as per directions - I used the 390 setting. If using convection toaster oven, preheat to 400 degrees.
- Place eggs into a large pot of cold water, bring to a boil, immediately reduce to a simmer/low and cook for 7 minutes. Drain hot water and run under cold water. Peel and set aside.
- Divide the sausage into six equal portions.
- Roll one sausage portion between two pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper so it is fairly even in thickness and the size of a small pancake. Remove the top sheet, wrap egg, peel off the bottom sheet and quickly work to completely encase the egg using fingertips. As you finish each egg, pop onto a dish in the refrigerator to firm up the sausage.
- When all eggs are finished, roll in Parmesan to lightly coat.
- Arrange in the air fryer basket. (or on Pam-sprayed baking sheet) and air fry or bake until golden, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Scotch eggs can be eaten warm, cold or at room temperature.